Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekend Whatever

We felt we accomplished so much over the weekend. SM Megamall had its three-day sale and we were there for three days. No we weren't there shopping for Christmas gifts although we did buy some home essentials. There were just too many people that it turned us off to look for gifts.

Friday

After work I met up with the hubby at the 5th Floor. We went to Megaclinic but there were no cardiologist at the time so we ended up going to the department store instead. Bought new shoes for him since we've been planning to do this since we went to Korea. We're supposed to buy his shoes there but he didn't like anything. I was egging him to buy the Puma red shoes the limited editions one for Ferrari when we were in Seoul but he said it was too loud for him. Hindi daw nya carry ahahaha. But guess what we ended up buying instead…another red sneakers although it's really red and grey. But still the dominant color is still red. Anyways, after that we went at the basement to see the sale items for at the home section. What is it with getting married and getting so into buying things for the home? When I was single you wouldn't even see me going to that floor of SM but now it's like Disneyland for me ahahaha Okay I guess that's a bit of an exaggeration but really I see so many things to buy for the kitchen, for the toilet, for the bedroom, for the living room…aaaah! But we only bought a wok hehehe. We then played poker at a friends house which ended at 2am.

Saturday

Was back at Megaclinic by 11am but we had to wait for more than an hour for Joema's consultation. The doctor gave him some meds but ordered additional tests like blood workup, ECG and 2D Echo. After buying his meds, we had a late lunch at Brothers Burger. I know we're supposed to eat healthy because of the hubby's hypertension but call it as his "last supper" if you will ahahaha. And then he wanted to watch Red Cliff, so we did. For me, it was boring ahahaha! He so wanted to watch it because he read the book and he said that the story from the movie is a lot different from the book. That's Hollywood for ya! Had to sit for more than two hours watching the movie…I was almost fell asleep, my eyes were so heavy. I kept on turning in my seat. I don't know if it's just because I was too sleepy to appreciate the movie or if it was just really boring. Went to ACE Hardware to buy some home essentials again before finally heading home. And I was finally able to get some shuteye before waking up again to watch the F1 qualifying in Brazil. That will have to be another post.

Sunday

Back at Megaclinic for Joema's ECG and blood extraction. We're praying for negative results. We then met up with my family for lunch and were back at home for siesta. But we had to go back to the clinic for Joema's 2D Echo by 5pm. What a day right! Going back and forth to the mall and there was even a sale so there were really a lot of people. We were able to buy some Christmas gifts for the kids and a tennis outfit for me ahahaha. Joema's been bugging me to try playing tennis – no, he doesn’t play either. There's a nearby tennis court in our place so we vowed to inquire next weekend and really start playing. It will be good exercise for him, and he really needs it for health reasons. So to interest me in playing he said we should buy an outfit for me. But we agreed I shouldn't wear it the first time we go to the court because people might say na puro porma lang kami pero bano maglaro ahahaha. After dinner at home, we're back in front of the TV to watch Formula One.

So that's our weekend, how about you? Sorry if this post bored you to death (like Red Cliff) but this is the most exciting part of my week so there ahahaha!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Korea! Aha! So THAT'S where you went! Peeeeeectures!!!!!!

cris said...

naku anna sorry no pictures! just so tamad na to carry around our digicam kung sa mall lang naman ang punta heehee.

Anna said...

hindi! i meant ang korea pictures!!!!

P.S. I feel the same way about SM. babad kami don ni pao grabe. also, go for tennis! at least when you and joema grow old together that's always a sport you can do together!

cris said...

shucks! oo I've been meaning to post my Korea pics kaso walang time.

as for tennis, hanap kami ng place na merong magtuturo. ayaw namin na laro lang kami kasi we might not learn the scientific way of playing.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...