Thursday, November 12, 2009

Neno's Award

I've got a lot of lined up blog posts but I want to do this first because I'm really thrilled to get this award. Got this award from Anna, and here's the criteria of the award:

1. As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
2. To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
3. Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
4. Don't forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
5. Answer the award's question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
6. Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
7. Don't forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.

A few years back I dreamed of getting accepted in a university and relocating in a foreign land, thinking that that will be an adventure of a lifetime I started blogging to document the things happening in my life. As it turned out, that didn't happen. But I still found myself continuing this blog because I find it fun to document my life, even if no one gets to read it but myself. I love to blog because it's been really helpful to blog the details of my trips and more recently the details of our wedding. If a friend asks me to recommend what to do in Bohol, I can easily refer to my blog post about that trip and I can give her a ton of activities to do and places to see. I must say, most of the blogs I first followed where blogs with wedding posts. I was a sucker for weddings even before we got engaged, just about the time when I felt I'm ready to get married ahahaha! I discovered Anna's blog when I was searching for a church, their wedding church is in a village along Katipunan Ave which we went to when we were searching for churches. I first commented on her blog on her post about Avilon zoo because that's where Joema and I had our prenup. Cheryl's blog, I discovered while searching for stores in HK, she was based in HK then and she blogged about Citygate Outlet. I continued reading her blog because she was planning for her wedding at that time, too. Now her blog is filled with colorful layouts from here digiscraps, a real feast to the eyes. I also bumped into Frances' blog because I was searching for photos of Archbishop's Palace. Their brown and pink wedding was the epitome of elegance. Oh how I loved her wedding gown! It is through Deepa that I got my wedding gown designer, Tria. Her attendants' gowns, which Tria designed, are so so adorable. And I'm so pleased with myself that I was able to guess the clue on her husband's birthday gift for her. Even if I had to email her about it because I'm having problems commenting on her page, I really did because I was too excited about it haha. On the other hand, Liz found my blog because we had the same church. She asked me if I can recommend the nearest reception venues for our church. I love that through blogging we are able to share information to others while they can also share their know-how's to us.
I also follow my online friends' blogs. Although Abbie, EJ and Eds don't blog as frequently, I get to get updated on what they're doing through Facebook hehehe. Even before I started blogging, I met these beautiful ladies online because of our delusions on certain men ahahaha!

I may not be a great writer but I love to blog simply because I have an outlet for all my experiences and discoveries.

Now, I'm giving this award to Cheryl, Liz, Abbie, Eds and EJ.

1 comment:

Anna said...

onga noh, sa weddings pala tayo first nag meet and bond. aliw!!!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...