Saturday, November 14, 2009

Five Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes

The hubby and I quietly celebrated our first year anniversary last weekend. Sometimes I still can't believe it's over a year now since our wedding (and I'm not yet done documenting our wedding in this blog *teehee*). So what better way to celebrate it than just be together, just us. The initial plan was to go to Baguio but because of the recent typhoon we opted not to push through with this and we both agreed not to travel far to celebrate. So I started scouting for hotels in the metro. First choice was Hotel Celeste in Makati but the price was a little bit steep so I wasn't totally convinced. We agreed that we don't have to spend that much on the hotel so I tried booking a room at Astoria – this is for sentimental reasons since we were checked in at this hotel on our wedding. But their one-bedroom suites were fully booked on our anniversary weekend. Joema suggested Sofitel because he loved our previous stay there – he enjoyed the breakfast buffet so much!

So last Saturday, after going to his check-up we got our bags and trooped on to Sofitel.

The view from our room


Very inviting bed

The idea was just to relax and enjoy the weekend. So after checking in we took our afternoon nap (we're like babies ahahaha) and then around 6pm , we headed down to the pool. Unfortunately, the water was too cold! We didn't stay too long.


When we got back to our room and after showering, we ordered room service.


My Hainan chicken rice and his nasi goreng. Didn't enjoy my food really. I was disappointed.

But the breakfast buffet the following day made up for our dinner.

And just because we're celebrating, we had champagne with breakfast but only a glass each.


After eating we lounged around the pool before heading back to our room.





Funny thing that happened on our anniversary. I told my husband that I will give my present to him on Sunday at home after we returned from the hotel (because I didn't want to bring the gift and let him know about it already - it wasn't gift wrapped but just bagged with the stores paper bag but I didn't tell him that). And I guess he thought to himself that he'll do that, too. While packing on Saturday morning he was looking for his Speedo but couldn't find it. Since we're running a bit late for his check-up, I told him he should take his bath. After he left our room I started looking at his drawers again to look for the Speedo, too bad I saw his gift for me ahahaha! It was covered with a face towel to conceal it, but I've put back the face towel and decided to just tell him about it after he gave me his gift, officially. No, I didn't open the gift, but like me his gift was "wrapped" in the store's paper bag so I kind of had an idea what the gift was. When we got to our hotel room and were lying in bed, he asked me if I saw his gift for him. I couldn't lie to him so I said yes and started laughing. I asked him how he knew, he said it's because the towel wasn't in its proper place when he looked back at his drawer ahahaha!

Hay, time really does seem to fly by if you're having fun. Here's to more years of us being together, more laughter, more travels, more adventures!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary! Anuvaaaa parang kailan lang kinasal ka! I remember pa waiting impatiently for you to get back from your honeymoon so you can blog na hahahaha! Congratulations! Sarap niyo nakapag-hotel kayo on your anniv!!! I love that!

cris said...

Hahaha oo nga e ang bilis talaga ng panahon!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...