Saturday, December 19, 2009

Another One Engaged

Woke up to good news this morning! I've set my alarm at 10am today so when I heard a message alert on my cellphone I knew it was still early. But I heard another text message coming in so I got my cell and looked at the messages. First message from my friend P: "Totoo ba yan txt ni S?" and I'm like "What message?!?!?!" so immediately read the next one from S: "Praise be to God! I'm engaged!". And literally my head was jolted from my pillow as if I've woken up from a dream hahahaha. I had to call up P to tell her I was about to call S and that I can't believe it myself. See, our friend S just got into a relationship with his girlfriend for I think two months now. Not that we're not happy for him, it's just that it was sooner than we expected. All of us in the group had longtime relationships with our fiances before we got engaged so you can probably know why we reacted that way. I guess we're just worried about him because of things I don't want to get into details here. But bottomline is we really want him to be finally be happy. I for one have been praying for this, that he finally finds the right one for him. Anyway, I called up S and I can tell from his voice that he was really, really happy. The way he greeted me "good morning" told me that it was really true and so I congratulated him and asked when they got engaged and when they plan to get married. I guess I'll be attending four weddings in 2010? hehehe 'Tis the season to be jolly!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...