Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Mother!

It’s the birthday today of my dear mother. It’s true what they say that you’ll understand your parents more once you become a parent. I’m technically not yet a mom but I feel I know my mother now more than ever.

One of the things I love with our current living arrangements - living with my parents - is how I came back to being a daughter at home – taken cared of by my parents hehehe. My mother is always on my beck and call. Before I even know what I want, Mama’s there to give it to me. She makes sure I have pineapple or any fruits everyday. She makes sure I drink my prune juice every night (I’m constipated – TMI! – so I need prunes and pineapples). She makes sure I’m careful whenever I move around the house.

When my baby arrives, I hope I can be as good a mother as she is to me. I’ll teach Bambini how to pray like how she taught me. I’ll teach Bambini how to use the less than (<) and greater than (>) sign like how Ma taught me (she taught me a trick!). I’ll teach Bambini on being considerate to other people and being sensitive to their needs.

Happy birthday, Ma! Thanks for everything!





Me and Mama in Gyeongbok Palace, Seoul last year.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...