Saturday, November 06, 2010

Preggy Me @ 25 Weeks



I'm now 25 weeks along my pregnancy. This pregnancy has seen me at my very high and my very low. And I'm blaming the hormones for these haha!

We went back to our OB last Saturday. Everything's fine with Bambini although our OB said her weight is below average but within the range of baby weight around her gestation period. But she advised me to take Anmum twice a day and eat a lot of proteins (meat, egg). She still told me to limit my physical activities since the baby's position is still low. I wasn't actually alarmed by this anymore. I thought we managed to be alright the past few weeks as long as I follow my OB's orders. But when I talked to two friend of mine on separate occassions they told me maybe I should have asked the OB to put me on bed rest just to make sure. So just to ward off their anxieties I told them I will go back to the OB when I feel something else like when my back aches again. Because when I told my OB that for the past of couple of days I've been having back aches she said it's also because of the baby's position. I usually have these back aches at the end of the day at the office, and I thought it must be just because of the whole day seating in front of the computer. But when Wednesday came and I felt my back aching at around 9am, I was a bit alarmed. Hubby and I went straight to the OB's clinic, and she advised me to rest at home for atleast a week just to be on the safe side (she also checked the baby again and everything's okay with her). So yes, I've been on house arrest for 3 days now. Don't get me wrong, I 'm actually loving it hehehe. I get to rest away from the stress at work and at the same time be assured that I'm taking care of the baby while doing this.

The problem was I had a major breakdown this morning. My husband got off work a little bit late (he's on night shift the past week), so he wasn't here yet when I woke up. And a lot of things came to my mind - that he might not want to come home anymore because I'm so losyang, I always wear pambahay when he gets home, or I haven't taken a bath yet when he gets home. Argh! It was a major blow to my self esteem. I got up from bed ready to take a bath only to spend the next few minutes crying in the bathroom while showering. He was already at our room when I got out of the bathroom and I've tried to stop crying by then. Then something fell on the floor and tears were falling down my face again and I was bawling like a baby. He panicked when he realized I was crying. Believe me, it was a scene right out of a movie! I had to explain between sobs why I was crying. I don't think he really understood why but he was able to calm me down. Haay! Hormones!



Photos were taken when I was 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant! :)

It's safe to say that I'm feeling much better at the moment. Here's hoping no more breakdowns in the near future hehe.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...