The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve the recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by the list of rules which are:
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you must create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
- Go to their page and inform them of their nomination.
- Absolutely no tag backs. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.
First off, thanks to Pepper for tagging me. I've recently discovered Pepper's blog and the first time I've read it, I was hooked. I love her posts about her crafts, about her cooking, and her life about her family. Btw, she designs the cutest dresses for little girls! Thanks, Pepper! Here goes:
11 things about me:
1. I am 32 years old married to my dear hubby for almost 4 years (this November!) and a mother to my kulit and adorable 20 month old daughter.
2. I'm the eldest of two siblings. My brother is one year younger than me. There is exactly two weeks in January, when we are of the same age.
3. Speaking of birthdays, (I'm sure I've mentioned this here before) my birthday is special to my family. It is the birthday of my paternal great grandmother, the birthday of my paternal grandmother, my parents' wedding anniversary. Miya was two days delayed in coming for her to be included in the celebrations.
4. I'm a Math major and quite proud of it. Back in college, when someone asks my course and I say, "Math" they're initial reaction is "Wow, Math!" Mayabang lang hahahaha!
5. I studied German in college as a foreign language course. So I kinda new what Liebster mean hahaha!
6. It's my dream to travel the world. I especially want to visit Europe.
7. My shoe size is 5.
8. I am currently using a dilapidated Nokia E63 with a missing space bar and comma keys. Miya bit them off my phone.
9. I have Twitter and Instagram accounts. Between the two, I love Instagram more because I love seeing updates of people with photos (the same way I love reading blogs with photos and not just words). But in terms of getting updates of current happenings, nothing beats Twitter.
10. I miss sleeping. I love to sleep. When I was single, I can sleep for the whole day of Sunday. I wake up in the morning to attend mass then have breakfast at home then go back to sleep. My parents will wake me up in time for lunch and then I go back to sleep. I wake up early evening to have dinner and then after a few hours, I'll sleep again. After giving birth to my daughter, the one thing I miss the most is getting 8 straight hours of sleep.
11. I was named after Dang Cecilio.
Here are my answers to Pepper's 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite comfort food? Mcdo caramel sundae. If ulam, sinigang na baboy.
2. For dessert, cake or ice cream? Why? Any of the two actually because I'm a dessert person. But if I really have to choose between the two maybe ice cream. I love that it's sweet and cold.
3. The beach or the mountains? Why? The beach. I'm a water person. I love love love being in the water. Maybe because my zodiac sign is Aquarius.
4. What's good about blogging? Meeting new friends and discovering that other people go through the same things that you go through. And it's actually a good online diary. Everytime I need to recall something like details on where we stayed at or what did we do during our wedding prep, I only refer to this blog and search on it.
5. Whats not so good about it? Maybe for security reasons, it's not so good to divulge so much in your blog. Although this is not from personal experience. I see some bloggers who have bashers. But I think when you have a basher, that means you are truly sikat because people are already affected by you hehehe.
6. Who or what serves as your inspiration when writing a post? if I don't have any new things to blog about, I actually get inspired by other blogs that I read. I get inspired to write a new post or I get inspired by the thing that they blogged about.
7. How long does it usually take you to finish writing a post? If with photos, atleast an hour. If no photos, then that can be done in 10 minutes.
8. What makes you giddy and happy? My daughter, my family.
9. How long have you been blogging? Wow, I never realized I've been blogging for almost seven years. I don't really blog to gain popularity. This is really just to chronicle my life. It started when I was single and then now that I am married and have a daughter, I continue to document the things that are important (and sometimes not so important) events in our lives.
10. What inspired you to pen a blog? Answer is here.
11. What's the story behind your blog name? As my profile said "I'm as small as a thumb. Join me as I trek the river of life afloat this leaf I call my blog." I actually asked my husband what's a good online name. And he said Thumbelina because I'm small. As Thumbelina's story goes, she rode a lily pad as she escaped the toad. So I added the Leaf part making it like this is my home or my page.
My 11 questions. Sorry some of these don't make sense at all, let's have some fun, shall we?
1. What was the last movie you saw in a cinema? How was it?
2. Are you a bag or shoe person?
3. What's your favorite sport (doing or just watching)?
4. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
5. What can you say about the Gangnam Style? :)
6. What's your favorite country?
7. Would you cross the road like the chicken did? And why? :)
8. Are you dressing up for Halloween? What's your costume?
9. What is your ultimate dream?
10. How did your parents come up with your name? (still inspired by that post)
11. How long does it take you to prepare when going out (for work or just going out)? What's your routine?
People I would like to tag (I'm pretty sure some of them have more than 200 followers but some of them I've recently followed):
Anna of Blue Law by Anna
Jill of Frugal Honey
Marsy of Planet Marsy
Ging of Forty Weeks
Liz of Mrs. T
Anj of From A, to Zo
Milet of Momiespace
Ana of Ana Banana
Chery of chill*Axing
EJ of Recipe for Disaster
Eds of h0dgep0dge