Monday, April 27, 2015

Miya's Graduation


21 March 2015

This was a bitter-sweet event for me. I was happy to see my daughter perform on stage but on the other hand it saddens me that this will be her last performance in this school. I was teary eyed the entire time.

Will write more about her pre-school on a separate blogpost
This year's graduation was held at the Bayanihan Center along Pioneer. It was a good venue as all the audience had a good view of the stage. Although of course it helped that we were seated near the stage hehe.

Javi waiting for Ate Miya
My inlaws came with us
The program started with the singing of the National Anthem and then with a prayer. I love the songs they use for the opening prayers. One of these songs is my favorite.

They started with Lupang Hinirang
Then with a prayer
Their level performed Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid.




After all levels have performed, it was time for the graduation rites. I noticed that Miya was doing that thing with her mouth. Joema observed that she was doing this because she gets nervous in front of a big crowd. Super proud of her for overcoming this nervousness and was able to perform with her classmates. I was in the verge of tears when Teacher Rom handed Miya's medals and certificate to us. Partly because I'm sad because this is goodbye and partly because I was super proud of Miya.





Next, all the kids sang 'Go the Distance' from the Disney movie Hercules. They turned off most of the lights on stage and had the kids some blinking lights so our video's lighting is poor and not to nice to post here hehe.

After the graduation, we went up to her teachers to say goodbye. They already knew that we'll be transferring schools. I mentioned it on several occasions. Plus, I shared with them that Miya passed school # 3. They were super proud of her. I'm really super grateful to Miya's first teachers in her first school. She knows so much now because of them. I've written them 'thank you' notes to go along with our farewell gifts.

With Teacher Ane, her teacher in Junior Kinder
Teacher Rom, the school's directress. She told Miya that she was a graduate of school 3. 


Teacher Jonah - Miya's teacher in Nursery and last year's summer class. 
Pinigilan ko lang umiyak while saying goodbye to the teachers because lalabas ang OA ko hahaha! Separation anxiety to the highest levels. Sabi nga ng friend ko #sepanx.

Family picture after graduation
We went to Megamall after the graduation to eat dinner. She told me, "Mommy, don't I get a surprise because it's my graduation?" Oo nga naman! Hahaha! So I told her we can go to the toy store before dinner and she can choose whatever she wants. Although, I suggested to her to get playdoh toy (I didn't want her to get another doll for herself because she doesn't take care of the dolls...hay naku!). Atleast with play doh she can be creative and at the same time improve her fine motor skills.

Outside the toy store, she was happy to see Cinderella




Happy with her graduation gift
The next day her Lolo Arthur and Lola Tess got her flowers and graduation gift as well. Mas bongga pa Lolo and Lola, may flowers hahaha!



Congratulations, Anak! We are so very proud of you! You've only done with two years in school but you've learned so many things already. I can't wait for you to achieve your dreams in the future. We are always here to support you. We love you! 

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...