- She's thriving in her big school. This week is their 2nd term Paper Games and we've been reviewing since APEC week. I'm proud to say she finds Math easier than Language ahahaha. She's not like me because I like studying. She on the other hand needs to be prepared to study. I mean she can absorb and understand so much when her heart is into studying but when I force her to study and her mind is somewhere else then our study time leads to nowhere.
- She really loves the water. I was able to attend one of her swimming classes in school. The basic thing that was being taught was not to be afraid of the water and she really enjoys it. She's one of the students who is not afraid to follow the coach's instructions and be on the water all by herself.
- We're so much alike that there are times that we tend to fight a lot. I'm not proud of it but we tend to argue so much. There was one time on our way to school she blurted out, "Hay salamat, hindi tayo nag-aaway!" Hahahaha. Yes, she's really like that. She talks like an adult.
- She's brave. We went to Sta. Elena Farm for their school field trip and she tried on every activity there. She tried horse-back riding, the zipline, riding the boat and the carabao, fishing.
- She doesn't like losing. That's why she doesn't like participating in games hahaha. When she attends a children's party, I tell her she should participate in the games so that she'll get a prize. She tells me she doesn't like, and even if she doesn't participate in the games she still gets a prize - the loot bag hahahaha!
- He started walking already but because he's so likot we tend to always be just behind him or someone still holding his hand. He doesn't even pause to turn while walking. He just does it with no care.
- Miya is malikot. But a lot of people were telling me then that iba ang likot ng lalaki kaya mag-intay daw ako kay Javi. Yep, they were right. Iba nga ang likot ng little boys. Javi is really malikot. He won't stay put even if he's carried. He will push you and will start crawling or walking wherever he wants to go.
- He is gala and maarte. Before he goes for his afternoon walk, he knows it immediately when they put on his shoes. I don't know where he got it but even inside the house he wants his shoes on. Hahaha!
- Unlike his Ate, he doesn't like the water. Houston, we have a problem! The first time we dipped him in the ocean, it was only for a few seconds. The first time we dipped him in a pool was only for a few minutes because he started crying. We tried dipping him in beach water again but he still doesn't like the feel of the sand on his feet. Ang arte talaga! We're hoping he'll soon overcome this because Joema, Miya and I all love water. Pano kung sya hindi?
- He is so matakaw! He is at the stage where he will try anything you put in his mouth. Even before he turned one, we started feeding him table food. He wants to eat when he sees someone eating and he will get mad if you don't feed him. That is why his body easily bounces back even after getting sick and losing a few pounds because of his illness.
- He is malambing but at the same time when he gets mads, he really gets mad! He will cry and cry until you pick him up and carry him and console him. Sometimes even after that he will still shout and cry.
- He blabbers on and on. He can say mam-ma (for mommy), a-di (for daddy), te te (for ate), yoya (for lola), hai (for hi hehe). We don't understand much of what he says but he will blab and blab and blab.
- Like his Ate, he also likes music. When Miya sings "God gave me you" he will join in on the singing! As in he says la la la or whatever it is that he says hahaha. But we definitely know it's singing.
- He has weaned and he has been sleeping through the night. I think he last nursed middle of November. This makes me sad because I wasn't able to breastfeed him as long as his Ate. He doesn't even try to nurse anymore even during day time when we're together. He weaned on his own but mommy-led as well. During the day, he feeds from a bottle before he naps. And then before bed time at night, he also has one bottle. I want to start weaning him from the bottle as well. We'll try giving him milk from the tetra pack (we give him fresh milk/soy milk). And if he's satisfied with that no need for bottle before sleeping. I don't want him to get hooked to the feeding bottle's nipple.
- I'm currently 25 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I was put on bed rest last week because I experienced contractions for two days (felt dysmenorreah like pain).
- Every pregnancy is really different. For this one I had nausea until maybe my fourth month. Although until now I'm easily nauseated.
- The baby started really moving by the 18th week. She/he (I will alternately use either pronoun) now moves a lot and when my tummy is pressed he kicks back hahaha.
- We've had our congenital anomaly scan on 22nd week. I was nervous all through out the scan. But everything seems to be A-OK.
- My OB does the ultrasound every month during our checkup but we still don't know the gender of our baby, our choice. We don't plan to know it until I finally give birth. It will be a surprise. We already have one girl and one boy so think of this as a bonus round. :)
- I'm a guilty mother. I haven't been as careful with my eating habits this time around unlike with Miya and Javi before. Sorry, anak!
- I'm not sure if I will be able to publish a blog post I started about how we found out I was pregnant. That's another guilty mother post.
|Baby Bashful's first photo - no fetus and heartbeat yet but there's already the yolk sac and gestational sac|
- We still don't have a name for the baby. We call her baby bashful now while inside my tummy (Miya named her). As we don't know the gender, we need to prepare one name for a girl, and one name for a boy.
- Although we don't know the gender yet, Joema and I both think the baby is a girl haha.