Monday, April 10, 2017

Where to Stay in Singapore: Marina Mandarin

Last September, I went on an overnight business trip to Singapore. We were there the weekend before the F1 grand prix. Okay, I knew all along that our trip was very near the race but I totally forgot when we got there. As in nawala sa isip ko na the next weekend na yung race and naka-setup na pala yung roads as early as that week. Freaking excited!!! I was so kilig when I started seeing grandstands and barriers for the race along the roads. Much more our hotel was right along the race track!!! Waaaah!!!! Hay naku should have taken advantage of the business trip and went on the race weekend itself hahaha. Just kidding! Was actually the one who told my colleague not to on the race weekend itself as hotel rates and plane fare are surely to be higher than usual. So anyway, here are photos of my room from Marina Mandarin.









My room's view was not ideal if you're there to watch the grand prix as it was facing the pool and not the race track. But I was able to do a walk-about on the parts of the race track around the hotel.

This was the view form the hallway outside my room looking down on the hotel lobby
But first this is me freaking out on the cab on the way to our hotel hahaha!


So here's the route that I took when I walked, from our hotel I went to the Stamford grandstand and walked going towards Esplanade and then Marina Square and the back of Mandarin Oriental and then walked along Marina Bay and then crossed Esplanade to go back to Marina Square and that's where I crossed going back to Marina Mandarin.


Stamford Grandstand



The back of the Bay Grandstand looking over Marina Bay Sands
Bay Grandstand with Mandarin Oriental, Pan Pacific at the back

Turn 17 going to turn 18
Sayang the stores were still closed. Wasn't able to buy any merchandise!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...