Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Javi and School

I feel guilty that we haven't enrolled Javi in school yet. When Miya was at his age, she was already attending school in Rainbow Room. Hubby said it was too early for Javi to go to school plus sending kids to school can really put a dent in your budget so I agreed with him. But because Miya passed UPIS (niminal tuition), our finances suddenly will be able to handle sending two kids to school at this time. So that's when we only started looking for schools for Javi. But two of the schools I called said that he's too young for their nursery class. Of the other two schools that my hubby visited, one was scratched off the list immediately. My husband didn't like the school because of its location and security. While for the second one, there were no more slots for Javi. So I said, okay maybe we really need to postpone sending him to school. But my guilt is eating me alive so I had to research for other toddler programs where we can send him. Will try one on Saturday and see if he's ready. If yes, then he'll start a once a week toddler program. Yey! I just really want to take advantage of this time because he's at the stage where he's like a sponge and absorbs everything that he listens to or watches. Admittedly, we were not as proactive with his education as we were with Miya. With Miya we attended Kindermusik classes, Gymboree classes and other toddler programs even before she was one year old. So I'm feeling really guilty with my second born.



Here's Javi singing (12 May 2017)

My dearest boy,

Please forgive Mommy if we didn't give you all the other classes Ate Miya attended. Although I'm pretty sure you're happy staying at home to play with your toy cars and play with Ate and Nina. I'm not as diligent in tracking your milestones compared to your Ate, but that was because I wanted you to stay as a baby for as long as I can stretch it. I don't want to hurry that part. And I don't want to compare each and every milestone with your Ate because that wouldn't be fair. You are you and we love you for who you are.

I hope you enjoy your trial class on Saturday, and if you do, Daddy and Mommy will enroll you there. We love you, Javiboy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...