Monday, January 22, 2018

Brgy. Alano goes to Seoul - Part 3

Day 1

Let me start this post with our day 4 because I don't want to end my telling of our Korea trip on a low note. Then let me go back to our Day 3 afterwards at the end of this post. 

On our last day, we didn't really have anything on our itinerary. I really made our itinerary that way. I figured the kids can just rest at the hotel while Joema and I will shop around Myeongdong. Or if we want to go anywhere else, then we can go on our last day. Again, we went out of our hotel by lunch time. We went to a different restaurant because I told them we can explore Myeongdong afterwards. So we went deeper into Myeongdong and did not eat at our fave Korean resto. We went inside a Chinese restaurant and ordered noodle soup, fried rice, some pork and chicken. After eating, I asked them if they want to go anywhere else but they all didn't want to. So we decided to all just go back to the hotel and then Joema and I will just go back and shop. Before going back to the hotel, we passed by a mini-grocery store and bought some Pepero and food for the kids. Immediately when we got to my parent's hotel room, Nina vomitted. I thought it was only because Jay was obstructing her stomach when he carried her. But after Nina, Miya also felt sick and vomitted as well. We originally wanted Miya to go out with us and told her we will find the Hello Kitty restaurant in Myeongdong. But because her tummy was not okay, we told her she should stay at the hotel and we will just go back and get her around 4pm then we'll go to the restaurant. She agreed. In hindsight, she was probably not really feeling well at that time for her to just agree with us to stay behind. 

So anyway, Joema and I went out and went back to the shops. Around 3pm, my brother texted me that the two girls are still vomitting and if we could buy Gatorade to hydrate them. Joema and I then decided to go back to the hotel and bought Gatorade first before going in. We picked up Miya and Nina from my parents' room and went to our own room, Javi was left with my parents. We immediately had Miya drink the hydrite that Joema had with him and I nursed Nina. Unfortunately, this worsened Miya and Nina's condition. They kept on vomitting what we gave them, which led to their stomach being more upset. It was only around 6:30pm when both girls were able to sleep. I lost count how many times they vomitted the moment we were with them. They were so kawawa, so exhausted after their ordeal. While they were sleeping, Jay texted me that Javi was vomitting na rin. This was the time I went on panic mode, I began texting my Mommy friends and asked them to pray for the kids. I counted the hours and it took the girls 5 hours to recover. I told my brother not to give Javi anything so as not to further upset his stomach. We were both monitoring the time gaps of his vomits. I asked our hotel to resched our airport transfer from 8pm to 10:30pm so that the kids will have enough time to rest. When Nina woke up from her nap around 8pm, she was feeling better. She was so hungry and thirsty but I can't give her so much because it might accept her stomach again. Heili advised me to give Javi some ice chips because Javi was so thirsty and when he was given some water to drink, like Miya and Nina, he will vomit again. When Nina and Miya were feeling a bit better, I took Javi from my parents' room and transferred Nina to their room. Javi also vomitted twice while he was with us. But good thing his conditioned turned for the better before we left for the airport. 


Javi all smiles at the airport - so happy to see the airplanes
Thank God they were all feeling better and were all awake actually while we waited to board the plane at 2am. 

++++++

Okay, since that's out of the way, let me finish this post with our third day and the most awesome day because we experienced snow!

Outfit ready for snow!

My cute little boy excited to see snow

We went to Seoulland for the sledding. 

How to get there: Exit 10 of Myeongdong Station, take line 4 to Seoul Grand Park (13 stops) - Exit 2. Then walk towards the big building in front of the exit, to ride the Elephant train. Get off the second stop of the Elephant train. 

Tickets: KRW30,000 each for adults plus KRW17,000 each for the two kids. We got the One-Day pass so that we don't need another ticket for the sledding. We got the tickets on a discounted price because we were foreigners. Then another KRW1,000 each for the adult plus KRW700 for Miya for the Elephant train (one-way; you need to buy again when going home). 


This is the way from the train station exit to that building at our back

The building where we bought our elephant train tickets

This shows the route of the Elephant train
Tickets to Seoulland can be bought after getting off the Elephant train, just by the entrance of Seoulland.




She has so many solo shots because most of the group shots, she wasn't in the mood or sleeping or nursing hehe


Our tickets gave us admission already to the sledding area of Seoulland. 

The kids immediately lied down on the snow. Good thing there was a flat area of the snow, I was a bit worried that the only thing there is the slope for sledding.
















There was a big tent beside the sledding area where we took refuge from the cold. There was a big old-time heater inside. We brought extra clothes and socks for the kids for them to change into after playing but we didn't use them anymore because we just dried their pants, socks and shoes from the heater.

Javi and Miya had a grand time sledding while Nina slept inside the tent after playing in the snow. The sledding area closes at 5pm so Javi and Miya were a bit bitin with the sledding.





Before we went out of Seoulland, the snow started to fall.



We were all so thrilled! The snowfall came down strongly while we were walking back to the train station.






Nina was asleep all throughout our excitement hahaha

It was still snowing when we got back to Myeongdong so Nina had a glimpse of the snow as well hihi.


*************

Dear kids,

Every time we go on a trip, Mommy and Daddy always think of how you will enjoy every place that we go to. We are happy to see you enjoying the places we visit, the things that we see, the food that we eat. I hope when you grow old and look back at your childhood, you will remember all the happy times we have when we go on trips with Lolo, Lola and Ninong. At the same time, I hope you appreciate the travels that we had and will have in the future.

You might not remember all our trips while you were young, but Mommy and Daddy will always remember your big smiles and infectious laughter on those trips. We always only want you to be happy. We love you all.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...