Monday, April 23, 2018

Javi's Moving Up Day

Days leading up to Javi's Moving Up Day, our little boy had a hard time going to school in the morning. After their Holy Week break, he didn't want to go to school anymore. At night he would ask us, "May pasok ako sa school?" and when I reply yes he will say "Ayoko". It came to a point that he was crying the night before a school day and I had to text his mentor and teacher to ask why this is happening, if something happened in school or something. We figured it might be Holy Week break hangover and he's affected with all the changes in our household - our yaya woes which will be a super long blog if I put it here but I want to stay away from negativity and choose to not put it here). He had the hardest time dealing with the changes in his yaya and I can only attribute his attitude towards school with this (his yaya goes with him to school). Good thing it was only there were only a few days left before the end of the school year when all this happened. And he survived his very first school year!

Last Friday, we went to his Moving Up Day. Joema wasn't surprised with his dance number with him because he accompanied Javi to school on the last week (again yaya woes). We were super happy to see him dance.



After their dance, they distributed the individual awards. He got the "Tough Cookie Award" - "This Award is given to the student who is self-confident, strong-willed, and resilient. He is also very alert and attentive. He is hardworking and enthusiastic. This student also displays excellence in the things that he does. Too bad, I wasn't able to take a video of when this was read. But it was also a good thing as I was 100% attentive to what was being said. I had to fight back tears -  I was so proud of our little boy!



From being a shy, little boy who didn't want me to leave the classroom to a jolly bubbly boy who welcomed everyone in their class. He really has come a long way.

Here are more photos from their Moving Up Day.







Ayaw magpakuha ng picture...si Daddy at Ate na lang


Super happy because his teacher gave him a gift hehe
***********

My Dearest Little Boy,

Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! Take away the last few days of the school year, you were always so happy going to school. You enjoyed everything from singing and dancing, to learning new things with teacher, to making your crafts and even to eating your snacks. Every time I watch you in class you were always the most participative in your class and that makes me so proud! I'm happy to see you enjoying what you do. Know that we are always behind you. Soar high, my brave boy! We love you!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...