Sunday, April 06, 2008

Malubay says Bye-Bye

I know this is kind of a delayed reaction. But anyway, here are my thoughts on Ramiele's elimination from American Idol. First of all, I think she hasn't given any amazing performance in all the top 12 episodes she's been in - from the two Beatles' weeks, and then the week they did a song from the year they were born and then from Dolly Parton's collection. The girl dosn't know how to choose a song. Last week was a good song choice for her but she didn't sing it well enough (saying that she's sick). Well, I didn't think she would go this early thinking that the Filipino-Americans are all behind her. And we know how crazy Filipinos are about texting and singing. Plus she really is a much better singer than Jasmine Trias. Too bad the Filipno-Americans didn't vote for her as much as they voted for Jasmine. Although, Jasmine probably had the vote of the whole of Hawaii and not just the Filipino voters. Okay, these are just my opinions. I'm not saying that Ramiele didn't have American fans but since from the start they were comparing her to Jasmine, I'm just assuming that she had a solid vote from the Fil-Ams as well. Anyway, Ramiele's elimination was really emotional. I was crying too when she sang her last song. Although, I felt a little relieved because atleast now I didn't have to worry about her every week if she's going to get booted out or not (haha affected!). And now I can concentrate on Michael Johns haha. Two weeks running baby! Oh and can I just say that that Kristy Lee is really lucky! She should have been the first one out of there and she knows it!

5 comments:

Life said...

Remember Carines Bantayan who lived down the street in Solomon before their family moved to the US? Ramiele's her cousin. I would get myspace bulletins from her telling me to vote for Ramiele.

cris said...

Ok, I don't remember Carines? haha I only remember you, Angie, Maan, Cherry and Hadjee, the Samaniegos.What's wrong with me?!?!?!

So did you vote for Ramiele? hehehe

Deepa said...

durn it, she killed herself with her horrible song choices. i think it's because she's so young. :-P i do agree she's way better (and cuter, my husband says! haha!) than jasmine.

i hate kristy lee cook. i hope it's her turn to go this week.

cris said...

I hope she leaves the show this week, too. All the other contestants left are so much better than Kristy!

Life said...

I remember her because we used to carpool to St. Bridget together back then. Apo ni Mrs. Carag; I think they're a few houses down from the Anaretas.

Haha, and no I didn't vote. I don't watch TV anymore, so all I saw of her was on YouTube :p

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...