Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Visits

When Joema and I got married, I asked him if we'll regularly visit our parents during the weekend. He said we'll visit but not regularly like every Sunday we should be at my parents house or every other weekend we'll be at his parents house. So on the first Sunday after we came back from our honeymoon, we made plans with our friends to have lunch. My father and mother texted me (separately) that they had dinuguan cooked for them. I only replied "Wow sarap ng ulam ah" and then told them we were going out to have lunch. Little did I know it was their way of "asking" if we were coming to visit. I only knew of this when we went to visit Tita Zeny in Pampanga and Mama shared that they were sad that Sunday - walang kibuan sa house, yung kasama lang namin sa bahay ang umepal at nagtanong "Uuwi ba sila Cris ngayon?" ahaha. From then on, I told Joema we should visit them (my parents and his) more regularly. Although we really can't do it every week, we try to visit them as often.

******

January in our family is special. My parents' wedding anniversary, both my and my brother's birthday are all in January. My lola's birthday and a cousin's birthday are also in January. Last Jan 6 was Nanay's birthday so we went to Bocaue. And then this past weekend, we made our way to Antipolo, it was my bro's birthday last week. We had dinner at a Chinese resto.


Happy beerday!

Papa and Mama


Yummy Chinese food

3 comments:

~currant7 said...

it's the same thing with E&I. We do have the dilemma of spending more time with my folks since we live at his. i'm sure you both will be able to get the "hints" and balance your weekends well. :D

better post some honeymoon pics when it's ready! :)

Anonymous said...

lalo na pagnagka-baby na kayo! those Sunday visits to your parents will become almost non-negotiable! sundays become a mad scramble from one house to another!

cris said...

@cheryl, sige i'll try to post about our honeymoon soon :)

@anna, mas gusto na nila makita yung apo nila kesa sa amin.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...