Thursday, January 15, 2009

My First Vegetable Dish

You know how I bragged about my adobo. Now, I'm going to brag about my chopsuey ahaha. I'm nearing my yearly annual physical exam again and I don't want to have to be told again that my cholesterol level is up so I told Joema we have to include vegetables in our diet. So when we went grocery shopping last weekend, we bought different vegetables. I'm so happy the finished product did taste like chopsuey. You see my husband is a picky eater and aside from that he really doesn't eat much (obvious naman sa katawan di ba?). Sometimes I have to force him to eat extra servings but when we had my chopsuey he ate a LOT! Yey for me! :)

ingredients for chopsuey

my plate

the happy hubby

Here's the recipe I followed, only I didn't use celery and sitsar; and added other vegetables like baby corn, cauliflower and red and green bell pepper. Again this is from my Maya cookbook (inari ko na yung cookbook..wala ng solian 'to!)

2 pcs chicken breast, deboned and cut into strips
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 eggwhite
1/4 cup oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 cup sitsaro, stringed
1 medium-sized carrot, sliced into rounds
2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4" lengths
1 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup water
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce

Combine chicken, salt, cornstarch, soy sauce and egghwite in a bowl. Marinate for a few minutes.
Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Saute garlic until light brown. Add in onions and cook until wilted. Add the chicken and cook until tender. Stir in vegetables and stir fry for 5 mintues. Add half of the water. Disperse the cornstarch in the remaining water. Add this to pan. Blend in the bouillon, sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang sarap!!! "happy hubby" - nakssss, kasal ka na talaga hahaha. parang kailan lang was reading about your wedding preps! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!!! (welcome back to blogging, yey, may nababasa na uli ako teehee)

cris said...

:-) nakaka-miss nga yung wedding preps e. pero i love being a wife hehe.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...