Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mama's 60th Birthday

20 - 21 September 2014

Friday before the weekend of my Mama's birthday was when Typhoon Mario hit Manila. Like Ondoy, their house got flooded in and they had to sleep at a nearby hostel. We were booked at Parque Espana in Alabang for that weekend to celebrate Mama's birthday. But that Friday afternoon, I cancelled our booking. That was when I discovered how amazing Agoda was but I digress.  When Saturday morning came, the skies cleared so I urged Papa to push through with the birthday celebration for Mama. I told them we can book at a hotel nearby and spend the weekend together for a staycation. It will get their mind off the flood and they will be able to relax. Like with Papa's 60th birthday, this was a surprise for Mama so she didn't know where we were going. I booked F1 Hotel in BGC via Agoda before lunch time and we were able to check in after lunch (I really fell in love with Agoda after cancelling our previous booking and being able to book instantly that day).

All settled
We went to SM Aura for dinner at Lugang.

Miya with Lolo and Lola at the open area in SM Aura

Looking back at these photos from a few months back, I see how small Miya was back then, she was still really a baby when Javi arrived. This was the last "trip" we had before I gave birth to Javi.



After dinner, Joema and I went to Uniqlo to buy Mama a gift hehe. We ended up shopping for ourselves as well. As you can see, I was heavily pregnant that time. I was going on my 37th week the Monday following that weekend (22 September). So walking around the mall made me feel really heavy. I really wanted to give birth already around this time. I knew I wouldn't last longer than my 37th week. Anyway, after going around the mall we dropped off my parents and Miya at the hotel. Joema, Jay and I went out again to buy a cake for Mama. We went to a lot of coffee and cake places in BGC but we couldn't find a good chocolate cake. We ended up buying the chocolate dome cake at the drive-thru Starbucks nears St. Luke's. I think we arrived at the hotel almost 11pm and I was dead tired from all the walking. Not that we walked around BGC, Jay was driving the car but I still had to go down and ask the shop if they have a chocolate cake. I think we went to 3 or 4 cafes. By the time we got back I was dead tired, good thing Miya had already taken a bath and ready to go to sleep.

The next day we woke up early to surprise Mama. Well, Miya woke up at her usual waking time which is early haha.

Our last photo as a family of three

Carrying her gift and the card she made for Lola
Happy birthday, Lola!



We then had breakfast at the hotel restaurant.



And then Miya swam at the pool. F1 Hotel's kiddie pool is perfect for Miya. Just the right size and depth.



Miya met a new friend at the pool. She was a pretty big girl for Miya and she would splash Miya with water. Good thing, Miya found it funny.



After checking out, we had lunch at CPK.

Excuse my big nose! hahaha look at how big my tummy was!
It was a simple birthday celebration for my mom but I know she had a grand time because she was able to spend it with Miya. And then I gifted her with a new grandkid on her birthday hehe.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...